1/Coronavirus Tweets from the Experts, 4/27/2020

twitter.com/Noahpinion/lisā€¦
2/A lot of surplus labor out there! HIRE MORE CONTACT TRACERS!!

#TestAndTrace

twitter.com/MoriartyLab/stā€¦
3/Here's a way coronavirus might hurt kids:

twitter.com/AndyBiotech/stā€¦
4/Why sending kids back to school could be very dangerous:

twitter.com/DeNovo_Fatima/ā€¦
5/Some numbers on how many tests each state needs in order reopen safely:

twitter.com/DrDenaGrayson/ā€¦
6/This is less household transmission than I would have guessed.

twitter.com/GermHunterMD/sā€¦
7/A plan to stop COVID-19, by a group of scientists including @VirusesImmunity (who is one of the best experts to follow, btw):

twitter.com/syinvesting/stā€¦
8/This is the most important thing happening in U.S. coronavirus policy right now. This plan needs to be funded immediately.

Also, @ASlavitt and @ScottGottliebMD are two experts you should absolutely follow if you don't already.

#TestAndTrace

twitter.com/ASlavitt/statuā€¦
9/This is the kind of message we need more of on Fox News.

twitter.com/DrTomFrieden/sā€¦
10/Sign up here to help people collect more data about coronavirus!

twitter.com/larrybrilliantā€¦
11/Remember, epidemiologists, like economists, do not speak with one voice.

twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/sā€¦
12/New York deaths continue to decline, deaths in the rest of the country continue to fluctuate wildly (looks to me like lumpy reporting).

twitter.com/COVID19Trackinā€¦
13/Some potentially interesting new testing technology.

twitter.com/JohnMashey/staā€¦
14/A thread about bad stats in the media, as applied to the question of what lockdowns accomplish.

twitter.com/raj_mehta/statā€¦
15/A heroic inventor.

twitter.com/nlinmd/status/ā€¦
16/Discussion of digital contact tracing.

It continues to frustrate me that so much of our attention is being paid to such a minor piece of the contact tracing puzzle.

twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/sā€¦
17/What is coronavirus' true fatality rate? NYC is providing some answers, and the numbers are...pretty much what everyone thought a month ago! Somewhere between 0.78% and 1.3%.

18/I'm still not super excited about Remdesivir, and this makes me even less excited.

twitter.com/HelenBranswellā€¦
19/Andy Slavitt on why we need masks, masks, masks

twitter.com/elemental/statā€¦
20/Italy successfully suppressed coronavirus.

twitter.com/AndyBiotech/stā€¦
21/So many experts joining the push for the Slavitt/Gottlieb #TestAndTrace plan!

twitter.com/larrybrilliantā€¦

twitter.com/EricTopol/statā€¦
22/There are two pre-existing anti-inflammatory antibody drugs being tested against COVID-19. One is looking good in trials, another is looking bad. How can that be?

twitter.com/Dereklowe/statā€¦
24/An antiviral coating to protect surfaces against coronavirus. Could help!

25/Wow, the Slavitt/Gottlieb Test-and-Trace plan is super bipartisan! Nice to know people can still reach across the aisle in a time of crisis.

twitter.com/CitizenCohn/stā€¦
26/No matter what, we're going to have to avoid large crowds until treatment/vaccine becomes available.

twitter.com/statesdj/statuā€¦
27/Under-emphasized point: Manufacturing huge amounts of vaccines is a huge challenge.

twitter.com/BioAndBaseballā€¦
28/The official number of global coronavirus deaths is around 211,000 right now, but this data suggests it's well over 300,000.

twitter.com/ScottGottliebMā€¦
29/Antibody tests from Wuhan.

twitter.com/AdamJKucharskiā€¦
30/"Why not just send young people out to work while old people stay home?", you might ask.

Well, read this:

twitter.com/EricTopol/statā€¦
32/Why #TestAndTrace, also known as #TestTraceIsolate, is such an important tool in our fight against coronavirus.

twitter.com/trvrb/status/1ā€¦
33/That's all for today, folks! Join me tomorrow for more Coronavirus Tweets from the Experts!

twitter.com/Noahpinion/lisā€¦

(end)

Create an account for weekly updates and features such as bookmarks & reading history.